Greetings Riverside Brookfield Families and Students,
Paws-Up! Here is “Dr. Freytas’s” Biweekly Bark: General School Updates
Curriculum and Instruction
- Every Friday, starting April 17th through May 15th, has been designated “Remote/Elearning Planning Days” at RB as supported by the ISBE. These Fridays are regular work-days for teachers, staff and administrators. More importantly, it provides a dedicated day for teachers to participate in department meetings, continuing lesson planning and students to make-up/complete assignments. Students are not required to attend/participate in elearning on Fridays, it’s a non-attendance day.
- Senior Awards have been determined and we are still in the process of compiling all of the awards into a presentation that can be shared virtually with seniors and their families. The process by which tangible awards will be distributed is still being decided, but will likely be linked to diploma pick-up. As production nears completion for Virtual Senior Awards, seniors and their families will be notified.
- All students with special needs have an Individual Distance Learning Plan (DLP) representative of their IEP. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the case manager.
-Per the Illinois High School Association (IHSA)
- All Spring State Tournament Series have been canceled.
- Summer contact days are currently suspended.
- IHSA Board is open to potentially resuming summer contact days & Spring sports games after it is deemed safe.
- More information can be found at: https://www.ihsa.org/default.asp
- “Class of 2020 Friday Night Lights Celebrations” every Friday at 8:20 PM, military time 20:20. We turn on our stadium lights for 20 minutes to celebrate our Seniors!
- 2020 Graduate yard signs, May 1st. Delivery and placement of signs will begin at 9 AM.
- Class of 2020 Cap & Gown pick-up, May 19th. Further logistics will be sent next week.
Graduation-Per Governor JB Pritzker extension of the “Stay at Home Order” until May 30th, we are uncertain of when large gatherings will be able to reconvene if at all during these next few months. We are working on a couple of different options and more information will be sent in the next week or two.
- Prom canceled until further notice.
- Yearbook distribution - TBD
- Locker cleanout - TBD
- Summer program registration - On hold until further notice.
- Counseling, Social Services and Emotional Support is available. Feel free to reach out to any Student Services staff member in our staff directory.
With high hopes for a clear understanding of the updates,