Continuum of Supports
The Special Education Department at Riverside Brookfield High School (RBHS) offers a continuum of supports, services and programs, from least to most restrictive, based on the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) Policy issued by ISBE.
The LRE Continuum at RBHS:
- General Education
- General Education with supplemental supports
- General Education with Special Education supports (co-taught classes) - also commonly referred to as Resource support
- Self Contained/CORE/Instructional/Cross Categorical Classrooms
- Core English/Math/Science and Social Studies classes
- Social Thinking
- Public Day School
- Private Day School/Therapeutic Day School
- Home Bound/Hospital
Transition/Vocational Supports and Post Secondary Planning
- DRS - Coming Soon...
- PUNS - Coming Soon...
- Best Buddies
- Special Olympics