What is it?
It’s peer to peer conflict resolution - who better to help you problem solve and resolve minor conflicts than trained peer mediators!
What are the kinds of conflicts/issues that can be referred to peer mediation?
- Gossip and Rumors
- Name calling
- Friendship problems
Goals of Peer Mediation
- Empower students to manage conflict, problem solve, and gain perspective
- Develop communication and decision making skills for the future
- Build a sense of cooperation and school culture
How can I make a referral to Peer Mediation?
There are 2 options:
- If it’s part of a bullying situation, there’s an option within the anonymous Bully Report (under the Student tab on the school webpage) to ask for a mediation, and
- Click on the link below and complete the referral form to request a mediation: